Monday, February 21, 2011

Not another gurney


We found out that we are moving to the Triveneto area near Venice this weekend and we will be there for a month! Then it is off to Rome for a month! My group is super excited!

Well, this past week I got kind of sick, and on Friday I had to leave a performance early and be taken to the ER to see what was going on. I ended up spending 7.5 hours in the ER waiting to be seen by a doctor, accompanied by my good friend Camber, who kept me entertained with classic games such as, "What's in your wallet?" and "Try to remember what you bought from old receipts lost in your purse." We also made some videos to document the waiting process, during which we were sure to cut away whenever we spotted a gurney in the ER- and in tandem would yell, "Gurney, gurney, gurney!" It was a long day. I finally got in to see a doctor that night, which lasted all of 7 minutes... so, that was reassuring. But, I am hoping my medicine will start to kick in and make me feel normal again.

My group and the group we are living with in the Milan flat had to work this weekend for an English camp at a school. It was super exhausting and a lot of work, but it was fun and a nice change of pace from our usual day to day routine.

Saturday night some friends and I went to the Inter vs. Cagliari football match, and it was really fun! It was an experience for sure, and I definitely want to go to another match while we are in Rome.

Today my group had an English day- which meant that we only had one performance, and went to a school and basically taught a class for 4 hours. So, it felt like being a teacher on a small scale. It was really tiring... because we obviously do not have the kids in desks for that time, we are up and moving and running around. But, it was a really satisfying day and I think my students learned a lot and had a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment